Customer Focused Security Solutions
Security Solutions Inc. (SSI) is a family owned systems integration company that has been providing burglar alarms, fire alarms, card access, video, telephone and entertainment systems to both residential and commercial clients for over 30 years.
The Orvis family got its start in the alarm business in 1969. Peter Orvis was a founding partner of a security company that became the largest provider in the North East. He left in 1978 and ultimately founded Security Solutions to get back to the personalized high quality service that he had a passion for. Peter is now retired and Jamie Orvis has been operating the business since the early 1990’s. Jamie has put together a leadership team of seasoned security professionals that together boast over 150 years of industry experience. Many of the team members were general managers or branch managers before taking their current positions. This level of management depth and experience is unparalleled in the alarm industry.
Headquartered in Norwalk, CT, SSI provides design, installation, repair service and monitoring services throughout Southern New England. We are listed by Underwriters Laboratory (U.L.) to install and service UL Certified Alarm systems and to provide UL listed Central Station Monitoring services. Due to its own internal drive for a superior level of service Security Solutions has the only UL listed central station in southern Connecticut. These systems and the monitoring to support them are designed to qualify our customers for insurance company eligibility and maximum premium discounts.
From its beginnings as a small, regional provider of traditional burglar & fire alarm systems, SSI has grown to become a systems integration firm and pioneer in making leading edge technology available to customers. SSI is among the first to introduce Alarm-Bridge Long Range Radio Alarm Monitoring to the region as an alarm primary or back-up communication option. Alarm-Bridge is the extra piece of mind that customers need to be sure their family and investments are safe in this ever changing telecommunications environment.
Facilities: In April, 2003 SSI completed a major investment in its future by moving the corporate headquarters to its current facility in Norwalk Connecticut.
Custom-designed for uninterrupted 24-Hour UL Alarm Monitoring & Service dispatch needs, the Norwalk facility features:
- The industries top two software platforms for alarm handling and operational support • A state of the art, ultra-high-speed digital telephone switch and voice mail system
- UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) • Two interconnected stand-by power generators
- The collective on-site UPS, generators and redundant communications equipment components combine to provide complete system redundancy, ensuring nearly 100% uptime for virtually every aspect of operations
- Lighting, ceiling tiles and air handling systems are custom-designed for 24/7/365 operation and the health and comfort of dedicated staff
- SSI officers were the original founders of and continue to be very active supporting member of the Connecticut Alarm and Systems Integrators Association (CASIA - www.casiact.org) since its inception in 1980.
- SSI officers also continue to be very active participants and supporting members of the Electronic Security Association (ESA - www.alarm.org).
- Member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA – www.nfpa.org)
- SSI also partners with many industry leaders through the Security Network of America (SNA) to provide custom tailored solutions to multi-site, high profile and national clients. (www.SNAonline.com)
- Connecticut Home Builders and Remodelers Association (HBRA - www.fairfieldcountyhba.com)
- Several local Chambers of Commerce
Involvement in these associations has kept SSI at the forefront of the information pipeline when it comes to innovation in product offerings and quality services.
Norwalk, CT 06850
At SSI we provide security services to homes and businesses throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut and New Haven County, Connecticut including Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, Monroe, Ridgefield, Wilton, Old Greenwich and surrounding towns.
SSI is well poised for significant growth within our existing facility, and on the property itself. The infrastructure that has been incorporated into its technology systems has virtually unlimited growth capacity. As technological capabilities have changed with the times, so too have SSI’s abilities to rapidly and strategically evolve options for our customers. The facilities, equipment and human resource investment is one that will carry SSI through the next 20 years and beyond.
From the beginning, SSI has made a concerted effort to evolve from being "just the alarm company" to becoming a full-fledged, customer focused low voltage services partner. Our staff members are empowered to make decisions that are in the best interest of the clients. We pride ourselves on providing a high quality product and always being fair when challenges arise.
Staff undergo regular customer specific training processes to ensure that partner interests are always the primary focus, so that customized and personalized systems and services fit each subscriber's individual needs.